Sunday, February 22, 2009

Counting the sleeps

Less than a week to go now, and it's all starting to get a little too much. There is so much to do and so many people to see that I just can't see myself getting over there without a lot of really last minute disorganisation. It was probably a mistake to agree to work fulltime up until the very day before the morning that I'm going to leave, but I feel I owe it to my current employer, who has been generous in offering me leave without pay for a year.

Last night we had a lot of folks over, allegedly for a whisky tasting, but really to see them all one last time before I go. My new decoration was a topic of some discussion, a fair deal of disbelief and certainly not unstinting approval. Just Add Water overcatered as usual, and did a brilliant job as usual, and everyone had a fantastic time as usual and she has completely collapsed today as usual.

I'm really falling behind in my intentions to study the language(s). Tonight, I'll make a fresh start on my Indonesian program and work harder on the Tetum dictionary. It'd be nice to have an actual speaker to get a lesson from, but next week I suppose they will be rather readily available. Last family dinner tonight, and last dinner with the outlaws tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment